Why a Smart Doorbell is the Perfect Addition to Your Home Security System?
Smart doorbells have been popular among security-conscious residents, for they not only help protect our family and belongings by adding a layer of security to our house, but they also provide extra convenience that a traditional doorbell cannot equal. In this guide, we'll take you through some details of a smart doorbell, which can greatly upgrade your home security system.
Benefits of smart doorbell
A smart doorbell is an advantageous addition to your home security system for it offers benefits as follows:
Know when packages arrive: You can configure your smart doorbell to alert you of any activity on your doorsteps, allowing you to secure your packages. You can even use the doorbell's two-way audio capability to communicate with the delivery person and request that they position your packages in a secure location.
Always be aware of who is at your entrance: Prior to smart doorbells, your only option was to tiptoe to the door and peer through the peephole, hoping the uninvited guest didn't see or hear you. All of that has altered thanks to smart doorbells. When an unexpected visitor rings the doorbell, your device displays a live video feed so you can decide whether to open the door. Even if you're not at home, you'll receive the same notification with the same footage on your smartphone, so you'll always know who's at your front door.
Keep burglars away from home: Smart doorbells not only have video cameras that can capture their faces but also notify the homeowner of someone approaching the house. In this case, a burglar may choose to avoid the home with a video doorbell in favor of easier prey.
24/7 video footage: You don't have to be on your phone all the time to take advantage of your smart doorbell's security features, for the device is always on, and records video footage 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Integrate with your existing home security system: Together with a security camera system, smart doorbells will significantly boost your home security and protect your privacy.
To help you reap the above-mentioned benefits, a typical smart doorbell features remote monitoring, motion detection, video storage and streaming, two-way audio, etc.
Factors to consider when choosing a smart doorbell
- Cost: Smart doorbells can range in price from around $100 to $500, depending on the features and quality you desire.
- Installation: Some smart doorbells come with easy-to-follow instructions for installation, while others require professional installation. Consider your skill level and comfort with technology when making your decision.
- Wireless or wired connection: While the majority of smart doorbells operate on Wi-Fi, some still allow traditional wired connections. .
- Power source: Battery-powered doorbells are usually easier to set up but require you to keep track of the battery level and replace it when it runs out. Hardwired models tap into your home's existing power source, so there's no need to worry about batteries, but installation can be more challenging.
- Video quality: Most smart doorbells offer HD video quality, but there can be variations in resolution and frame rate between models.
As you can see, a smart doorbell can increase your home safety in many ways by serving as a perfect addition to your home security system. Not only will it deter burglars and help you keep an eye on your property, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that your home is protected.